Criminal Defense Lawyer Flint, MI
If you’ve been accused of a crime, it’s important to have an experienced criminal defense lawyer Flint, MI on your side. A criminal conviction carries heavy consequences, from fines to prison time, and can affect you for many years. A lawyer can provide you with a strong defense and protect your legal rights.
Common Misconceptions About Criminal Lawyers
Criminal lawyers defend people who have been charged with various crimes, but there are still so many misconceptions about them. Here are some common myths about these legal professionals:
- Public defenders are just as skilled as private criminal lawyers. Hiring a private criminal lawyer isn’t cheap, so some people wonder if they should just settle for a public defender. However, you must understand that public defenders are usually lawyers fresh out of law school who don’t have much experience. They’re also overwhelmed with various cases and might not have enough time to give your case the attention it deserves. A private criminal lawyer, on the other hand, possesses more experience and resources, and will actually have time to take your case.
- All criminal lawyers are the same. This is a big myth. Not all criminal lawyers are created equal. Some are more skilled than others. That’s why it’s important to schedule a consultation with a potential criminal defense lawyer in Flint, MI and ask plenty of questions. You may want to find out where the lawyer attended law school and if he or she has experience handling your specific charge. It’s also important to look at a lawyer’s online reviews before making a hiring decision.
- All criminal defense lawyers offer free consultations. It’s true that many criminal lawyers offer free consultations to potential clients. However, not all of them do. Before you schedule a consultation with one, find out if he or she charges for consultations.
- All criminal lawyers are just in it for the money. Criminal defense lawyers of course want to make a comfortable living. However, that doesn’t mean they’re money hungry and don’t actually care about their clients. They invested a lot of time and money into their careers.
- All lawyers can defend you against a criminal charge. Don’t believe this month. You don’t want an estate lawyer or divorce lawyer defending you against a criminal charge. To improve your chances of a successful outcome, it’s important to hire a lawyer who specializes in criminal law.
Schedule a consultation with a criminal defense lawyer in Flint, MI today. Call Olesko Law Firm now.